Labour Welfare Wing of this consulate has been functioning since 1984 to explore the employment opportunities for Bangladeshi Nationals in the UAE and to provide welfare oriented services to the Bangladeshi expatriates. This wing provide following services from 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs on every weekday:
1. Authentication of Demand Letter for Employment 2. Attestation of Individual Employment Visa, Housemaid Visa and Residence Visa 3. Issuance of one way Travel Permit 4. Necessary documentation for the deceased and repatriation of dead body 5. Conduct death compensation cases to the courts 6. Jail visit and provide legal services 7. Hospital visit and repatriation of poor sick expatriates 8. Company and Labour accommodation visit 9. Realising compensation from the courts and sending the same to the families of the deceased. 10. Realising company dues, insurance benefit and sending the same to the families of the deceased. 11. Counselling program for both male and female workers 12. Applications / complaints forwarding to the concerned organizations of Bangladesh.
Fees for Attestation
1. Demand letter authentication : AED 221.00 2. Employment visa attestation : AED 74.00 3. Residence visa attestation : AED 15.00 4. Document attestation per page : AED 14.00
Documents required for employment (male) visa attestation:
1. Original Visa 2. Two copies of visa (photocopy) 3. Two copies of Passport of visa holder 4. License copy of company 5. Two copies of work agreement with company (in company's letter head) 6. I.D. card of company's PRO / staff with their mobile number 7. Minimum salary for unskilled labour is: AED 900.00
Documents required for employment (female) visa attestation:
1. Original Visa 2. Two copies of visa (photocopy) 3. Two copies of Passport of visa holder 4. License copy of company 5. Two copies of Work agreement with company (in company's letter head) 6. I.D. card of company's PRO / staff with their mobile number 7. Minimum salary for unskilled labour is: AED 900.00 8. Social security agreement in company's letter head.
Documents required for housemaid visa attestation:
1. Original Visa & three copies of visa. 2. Insurance Certificate (Premium is AED 200/-) 3. Six copies of Employment Contract between Sponsor and Housemaid 4. Filled in Form-1 & Form-2 5. Passport copy of housemaid & sponsor 6. Photograph of housemaid & sponsor 7. Minimum age is 25 years 8. Minimum salary is AED 750
Note: An Individual Sponsor cannot directly get attestation from the Consulate General. It has to be done by the authorized agencies. For the list of authorized agencies, please click here:
Documents required for residence visa attestation:
1. Original Visa 2. Two copies of visa (photocopy) 3. Passport copy of visa holder & sponsor 4. Copy of marriage certificate
Documents required for Carrying Dead Body to Bangladesh/ burial in the UAE
1. Original Passport (Visa must be cancelled by the concern authority) 2. Police Report (Mandatory for accidental death) 3. Death Certificate (Both English and Arabic) 4. Death Notification (Both English and Arabic) 5. Ticket & Passport copy of the accompanying person with the dead body 6. Final Settlement from company/sponsor. 7. Filled in Registration Form by company/local guardian to repatriate the dead body to Bangladesh (Provided by the Consulate).
Upon receiving the above documents, the Consulate General does necessary documentation quickly like cancellation of deceased’s passport, issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC) etc.
Note:Sponsor is 100% responsible for arranging the repatriation of dead body up to the permanent address of the deceased according to the Federal Labour Law of the UAE.
UAE Labour Law
For any kind of query or complain on UAE labour issues, an individual may phone Toll Free Number 800665 or visit www.mol.gov.ae
For Information on Recruiting Agencies of Bangladesh Visit the Following Links:
Necessary Forms :
1.Agreement for Domestic Workers: English / Arabic 2. Work Agreement for Company Worker 3. Terms & Conditions for Demand Letter 4. Application for Visa Attestation (Family)
All workers should seek help of the law for any kind of dispute settlement with the employer if possible. When someone is unable or could not settle the dispute should contact the Consulate. For domestic workers UAE immigration authority and for company’s worker the UAE Labour court is the appropriate places to settle the disputes.